Thursday, October 11, 2012

The spark

'Keep your face to the sun
and you will never see the shadows'
~ Helen Keller ~

The day has come
to shake those
pesky clouds
to pull the silver lining
to discover
the purity of novel sky,
vulnerability and depth
of first confession
of true love,
forever touched
the heart, forgotten
to flutter, as if
a newborn butterfly...
 
an aspiration
all of a sudden,
the alter voice
is breaking up...
the rendezvous lasts
in the silence...of
circulating vibes...
 
the new dawn spark
enchants my soul
as I push through
the solitude
with a song of lark:
the heart gets arid
and shrinks at all
if doesn't answer
kinder call

Image credit: scenicreflections.com

6 comments:

  1. Irene, just a lovely poem! WOW --
    I loved this... "the push of solitutde"

    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joanie, very much! I appreciate your constant attention to my work! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Push on through
    to a brighter view
    Best way to be
    Even if sometimes it's not easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a talented writer.
    You should check out my band Terminally Ill in the blog that I wrote about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem!
    "an aspiration/all of a sudden,/the alter voice/is breaking up..."-my favorite part.
    Always enjoy my visits here :)
    Warm regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, dear Konstantina...
    Honored by your attention!

    Gratitude to you, Pat and unknown Terminally lll !

    Best wishes to all! Much Love!

    ReplyDelete